Sunday, October 11, 2009

Favorite Destination

Since my partner from Kentucky is interested in traveling, I would like to write about my favorite tour out of my home country. The destination is SPAIN. At first, I was not very excited for this trip but on my way home I felt in some way that I cannot describe. I do not think that there are words strong enough to express this feeling. I felt happy that I am going back home, because after all that is my favorite place on Earth, but at the same time I felt a little sad that I have left that magnificent place. But I will try to describe it and most of all: Barcelona.
The first thing that I was fascinated by was the architecture. The buildings are extremely beautiful and most of them are built up in the old, gothic style. I prefer this style because I think that it keeps some kind of mystery in itself. It reminds me of kings and queens, their majesty and glorious way of life. The way in which the buildings are situated is very unusual. There is no house constructed on a corner that has an angle of ninety degree. If you look at Barcelona from high above, you will see a gorgeous picture where all of the streets have smooth, rounded curves.

The second thing is the monuments which are numerous: Sagrada Familia, Plaza Catalunya, Plaza Real, Park Guell, The Palau Guell, La Pedrera Casa Mila, The Singing Fountains, The Market, and many others. My favorite one is Sagrada Familia. It is an enormous building which was constructed by Antonio Gaudi, who is very famous for designing a lot of legendary places in Spain. Throughout the whole time of the building up nobody knew who the constructor was because Gaudi did not want to be recognized by the people. One day, while he was walking to see what was going on with his masterpiece, a train hit him and he went to a hospital. He died there and just before that told the people who he was. The construction of this building is still going on and it should be ready in a few years. My other favorite place is The Palau Guell. This is the place where Antonia Gaudi had lived. He had made it only for him and the people needed to take care of the park. It is very relaxing and beautiful. I went there very early in the morning and I saw Barcelona on the background of the rising sun. It was breathtaking. The interesting fact here is that among all of the beautiful and rich building that are there, Antonia Gaudi had lived in the smallest one which looks very poorly. From all the stories that I heard about this man, I can say that he is pretty strange.
You should visit Barcelona for sure! Walk down La Rambla, visit a traditional small restaurant, with a lot of flowers and many kind and smiling people, go to all of the monuments and feel the spirit there!


Work cited: The streets of Barcelona. N.d. Picvalley. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Oct. 2009. .

2 comments:

  1. i really like pink.Hell yeah , pink is great.I like pink clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your piece reminded me of how much I love Barcelona too. I like the way you wove together information about Gaudi and the places that he built.

    ReplyDelete